When, in this policy, we refer to Nathaniel Cars we mean Nathaniel Car Sales Limited whose registered address is at David Street, Bridgend Industrial Estate, Bridgend Mid Glamorgan, CF31 3SA and which is registered under company number 02100834. Nathaniel Cars is the data controller in respect of your personal information and is responsible for ensuring that the personal data we collect is processed in accordance with relevant data protection laws.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this Website regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. If we propose a significant change, we will notify you by email or will post an alert that our policy has changed on our Website.
In this privacy notice we provide you with information about the following: –
- The information we collect about you.
- What we do with your information.
- What legal basis we rely on processing your information.
- Who we share your information with.
- How long we keep your personal information.
- Where we hold your personal information.
- Your rights in relation to your personal information.
- What information we collect about you
When you interact with us, we will process personal information about you. The nature of the personal data we will process will depend on the nature of our relationship with you and if, for example, you are a customer, a supplier or are simply visiting our website or submitting an enquiry to us. Personal data we may process will include: –
- Your name
- Your contact information such as e-mail address, phone number, address, and postcode
- Demographic data – when making finance application – such as date of birth, salary data.
- A record of your contact preferences such as preferred contact method, records of any enquiries, complaints, or other interactions we have with you.
- Information you provide in response to any surveys or research studies we might carry out from time to time.
- If you call Nathaniel Cars, calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- Information collected through cookies on our Website.
- Financial information when making a purchase or processing options with finance providers.
- Disability information – if you are using Motability services to make a purchase.
- What we do with the information we PROCESS
We require this information to ensure that we provide the best possible experience when you interact with us. . In particular, depending on the nature of our relationship, we may process personal information for some, or all, of the following purposes: –
- To manage our relationship with you and your interactions with Nathaniel Cars
- Responding to enquiries and to provide you with the services you request from us
- For internal recording keeping and administration
- To process payments, and if necessary, collect arrears.
- To provide and improve the services we offer.
- For market research, analytical purposes and to track sales.
- Assisting with the prevention and detection of crime or fraud
- To process and resolve customer complaints.
- To comply with legal obligations
- Where you have given your consent, we will process personal data for the use of marketing and customer communications.
- What legal basis do we rely on to process your information?
Data protection law sets out a number of conditions which organisations can rely on in order to lawfully handle personal information. The conditions we rely on are as follows: –
The law permits us to handle your personal information where necessary in our legitimate interests provided that this isn’t outweighed by your interests. Many of the purposes we handle your personal information, described above, fall into this category as they are essential activities which enable us to run Nathaniel Cars effectively. For example, enabling us to use third party service providers, to monitor, review and improve the services we provide to you. We may, if necessary, also use your information to defend our legal rights or to obtain legal advice and to manage any complaint that you might have. We ensure that your rights and interests are protected when we do this.
We are permitted to use your personal data when you give us your consent for us to do so. We will only use your personal data to contact you for direct marketing purposes if you give us your consent to do so.
Performance of a contract
Where we have made contractual commitments to you, or you have made the same to us. For example, we will process personal data to request payment of your annual rent charges.
Required by law
We will, if required by law, disclose your personal information for example in response to a court order. We will disclose your personal information if requested by a law enforcement agency or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, non-compliance with of our terms and conditions, or as otherwise permitted or required by law and consistent with legal requirements.
- WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We will not pass your personal information to anyone outside our organisation, except to carefully selected third parties (professional advisers and other service providers who help us run our business e.g., IT support providers.
A prospective purchaser of our business
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or where we are required to forward the information in order to comply with a regulatory or legal process.
Police and law enforcement agencies
Where required by law, we will share your personal information with the police and other law enforcement agencies.
We will always limit the personal information we share to that which is necessary to enable them to perform their services or function. We will also always ensure that before we share your personal information with a service provider, we have entered into a contract with the service provider which requires them to keep your information secure and only use it for the purposes we permit them to. We will never sell or share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of marketing without seeking prior consent.
- HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need it to provide the services and products you request from us. We may also keep it to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve complaints and to enforce our rights. As a result, the length of time that we keep your information for will vary depending on the purposes for which we have it. In any event, we will review what information we need on an ongoing basis and will only retain it for the minimum amount of time that we need it for.
- Where in the world will we hold your information?
Your personal information may occasionally be processed and held by third parties outside the United Kingdom (UK) or European Economic Area (EEA).
Whereas in the UK/EU, we implement a high standard of data protection law, some parts of the world do not implement such stringent laws. As a result, if we do send personal information overseas, we will make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure it is protected in accordance with European and UK data protection laws. These might include: –
- Sending personal information only to countries that European Authorities have indicated have adequate data protection laws in place e.g. Canada or Switzerland;
- Putting in place contracts with the recipient containing terms which the European Authorities have approved as providing adequate protection; organisations which are members of a scheme which has been approved by European Authorities as achieving adequate protection.
For more information about where we send your information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies on our Website
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer (or mobile device) by web pages as you visit them. Cookies are not programs and cannot harm your computer.
Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our Website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst viewing such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to request that we don’t send marketing material to you, and you can do this at any time by:
- Clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of promotional e-mails.
- Phoning the telephone number included on any postal correspondence.
- Using the opt out option on any promotional SMS communication
- E-mailing us at any time at email@example.com
We will try to keep your personal information up to date but rely on you telling us promptly if your name, address, telephone number or any other details change. You can correct or amend your personal information by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data protection laws also mean that you have a number of additional rights including the right to access your personal information and to receive a copy of it. You can also object to your personal data being processed or ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete information we hold about you. You can exercise these rights by e-mailing us at email@example.com
You can also request to have your personal data erased or transferred either to you or a third party in a commonly structured format and to have your personal information restricted.
Please be aware that some of these rights only apply in limited circumstances and therefore even if you wish to exercise them, we may not always be required to comply.
For further information about how these rights apply, or to exercise your rights, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about how Nathaniel Cars handles your personal information or are unhappy about how we have done so, you can contact us at:
- By email: email@example.com
- By post: David Street,
Bridgend Industrial Estate,
Bridgend Mid Glamorgan,
- By phone: 01656662277
You also have the right to raise any complaint you may have with the ICO. You can do this by contacting them by post at The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone to 0303 123 1113.
This Privacy Notice was last modified October 2023